JCI Greater Flint offers several volunteer and community service opportunities each year. We’re an organization focused on developing leaders through community service and through other programming offerings.
Many members in our organization have joined after they found that we were helping an organization they care about, or they saw our group as a way to build a project that would help benefit an organization they care about.
Some examples of projects we’ve run to help our community are:
- Hometown Heroes – assisting military families and deployed members of the military
- Make A Difference Day – participating in a movement to establish a national day of service
- 100 Healthy Smiles – A JCI Impact 100 project celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Junior Chamber Movement. Dental care items were collected for the Shelter of Flint, who provides emergency shelter, transitional services, and outreach for the homeless in Genesee County.
- Karaoke for a Cure – supporting the American Cancer Society’s efforts in support of breast cancer research
- The City of Burton Michigan’s Parks and Recreation Department
- And more
As a member run organization, our programming changes on an annual basis. So whether you’re looking for opportunities to volunteer or looking for an organization that can help you to make a difference for an organization you care about, contact us to find out about upcoming projects and events, and learn about the many opportunities available in our organization.